Sunday, February 7, 2016

6. BAPTISM



Cellulosa

 Teddy


The Mother

The Twinses lead you through the glut of vehicles crowded outside the wall. Felix and Steven with their odd shared gait, and Rudy protruding from Harlowe's abdomen, like a child riding a person. Despite his uncomfortable-looking arched position, his movements are fluid, almost like a large dog loping along. You are headed toward the largest vehicle.

On either side are the members of The Thrice Church. There is a mixture of men and women in soft, felt clothing in two color hues, much like the "children," but in other color combinations, like red and purple, yellow and blue, and pink and umber, etc. Most don't look younger than forty. Tools hand from their belts. They all were different hats. Some with broad brims, others without brims at all. Some are shaped like stars, others vertical ovals, a few are tri-cornered.

There are others among the throngs of people who look like they've been on the road for all their lives. Their eyes, when they aren't hidden behind a mask, goggles or visor, are the color of slate, and seem to stare through you and into the distance. Their faces are weather-worn, speckled with tiny bright veins and black sores. They don't have many teeth. They have rope wrapped around them with various materials strapped to their bodies, over their ragged clothes for protection. You see different weapons hanging from their belts and sashes. Rusted blades, steel pipes, clubs, a few pistols, and some stranger shapes foreign to your memory.

Also, among the people you spot tall masked warriors, in the same cut as Telem and Forunata, but with different markings on their masks.

One of these types walks alongside your group. He is wearing a shirt and pants made from long brown hair and it ripples and waves as he walks. Sewn into the hair in a checkered pattern are human teeth and human toes. A small shield hangs from his left forearm and there is an antique sword on his hip and he cradles some sort of rifle in the crook of his right arm. With him he is leading two figures. One is a humanoid woman form, but who is made completely out of a single plant. The other is a squirrel walking upright, stiffly.

The man in the hair says something in a language you don't understand to the Twinses to look back and nod, Telem yells something to the man as well and the man guides the plant woman and squirrel into your group.

Looking behind you see Telem and Fortunata following you casually. You can see the rusted metal wall. You see the "children running through the streets. There are rooftops barely peaking out above the top of the wall.

Finally you come to the largest vehicle. There is a long, rectangular structure of gray brick sitting on top of it's wheel bed. Metal steps lead up into its dark interior. The Twinses stop on either side and gesture for you to enter the dark doorway.

Inside the pungent smell nearly overpowers your senses. It is a mixture of sweet rotting and spent fuel. Your eyes adjust to the darkness. At the far end of the one-room structure is a large figure seated on a throne upon a dais. From the abdomen of the figure a green gelatinous substance oozes forth and into an enormous vat. The vat itself takes up the majority of the room. And the green gelatin fills it entirely. The gelatinous form pulses and writhes, ever moving. It appears to glow in the darkness. Looking closer at the gelatinous form in the vat you see it there are shadowy shapes held suspended inside it, small human shapes, the size of children or babies.

The Twinses take up positions behind you.

"Let the Baptism begin." And they start to chant a strange ritualistic song.

110 comments:

  1. [@WHOLE PARTY]

    [INVENTORY and STATUS]

    MICKEY - With the group, holding the closed sphere, possessing the screwdriver, and the red ring.

    MORN-START - With the group, a broken slate tablet in one hand, dripping blood.

    MOSES - With the group, wearing the skull as a helmet and holding the femur bone.

    WINTER - With the group, possesses the smaller steel key with the ring and plastic piece. Black stone shard in one hand.

    CELEXIS - An ancient key.

    MAULMUIRE - With the group.

    TEDDY - With the group, carrying a piece of concrete rubble.


    [ACCOUNTING]

    MICKEY is down two points of damage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [MAOLMUIRE]

    [Ooc] I'm not doing anything until I see what's up with the ooze. I might try to bump one of the motley dudes into it by "accident" just to see what happens. But not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [OoC] I think it's "The Mother" and the gel coming from the abdomen is some kind of embryo gel giving birth in a Vat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. [WINTER BLACKFORD]

    {IC} Winter sighs a small breath of exhaustion from one head and frustration from the other. Quickly scanning the room with both heads his eyes come to rest on the green vat. Looking inwards into his minds eyes Winter calls out to Mickey. With a psychic nod and mental wink Winter lets Mickey know the plan.

    [Ooc] I want to use my current metaconcert with Mickey to try and get more info from the twinsies...Rudy and Harlowe Blackball this time. The intention is to spy in on some back story on this vat and baptism process. I have a hunch that our last attempt was thwarted by a mediocre roll...if I can just roll big numbers this may work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@WINTER]

      You can definitely Metaconcert with Rudy and Harlowe this time. Their backs are toward you as the move toward the seated figure on the throne.

      [Tech] Roll a 1d20.

      Delete
    2. [WINTER BLACKFORD]

      [TECH] fuck. I roll 4

      Delete
    3. [@WINTER]

      You feel the minds of Rudy and Harlowe are like a brick wall, impossible for your mind probe to penetrate!

      Delete
  5. [POX]

    [Ooc] Intrigued by the sweet rotten smell, and anxious for a vessel suitable for the Great Many, Pox is scanning the area to find its source. Do the childern/babies seem to be moving on their own? Or just floating?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@POX]

      The shadowy forms of the children and babies appear to just be floating in the huge mass of glowing-green gelatin. But as you fix your eyes on one such form, you notice it is moving slowly, opening and closing its fingers, or slowly kicking its feet.

      Delete
  6. [CELLULOSA]
    [IC]
    Cellulosa! The deadly flower that blooms in the desert. Cellulosa! She who exudes a scent that makes her prey. Cellulosa! Stalked through the post-apocalypse by those who find her pheromones impossible to resist.
    Celuulosa! The predators of The After think her weak. They would be gravely mistaken. Those who gaze into her impossible eyes are blinded by reverse photosynthesis. Those that to pluck her rose die from the poison she secrete from...well, wouldn't you like to know?
    Cellulosa! The world has treated this delicate flower harshly, so she puts her interests above others. But treat her well, tend to her secret garden...and you'll find no greater delicacy
    than the fruits of her labor.
    Cellulosa! She is plant woman. Here her roar.

    The green skinned plant goddess walks into the Thrice Church. She looks upon the false god with barely contained disgust. She is used to being worshipped. To submit to some baptismal right is beneath her.

    And yet...had she not fled those who hunted her, it would have been she beneath some monster or machine. Her haughty nature would never betray it, but she is here out of fear.

    The mutants in the room with her stood out to her from the castrated Children outside. They were not of stature, not the fruit of the celestial vine. Who could be? But they were fighters. Potential allies. And if not...the poison that tripped from her nether regions would be a lesson to any who trifled with her.

    Cellulosa addresses the group in a husky whisper. She hopes to avoid being heard by the Twinses and other members of the Thrice Church, but if they hear her, so be it.

    "Mutants, Humans...Robot. Who are these false idols you prepare to supplicate yourself before? What is the nature of the baptism that they wish us to undergo?"

    [ooc] Hi Everyone! Thanks for having me! I'll wait a little bit longer to see what's up, but I'm also up for helping Tim bump one of the children into that vat. [ooc]

    ReplyDelete
  7. [Mickey]

    [IC] Mickey looks back at Winter, slightly confused. Then he gets the plan and counters with one of his own. The two-headed rat has never used this whole mind communication, so he thinks the following message hard. "What. If. I. Drop. The. Smoking. Orb. In. The. Vat? On. Accident?"

    [OOC] Plan is to quickly open the smoking orb, then drop it in the vat after Winter accidentally bumps my hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MICKEY]

      Noted. Your plan is on the table!

      Delete
    2. [WINTER]

      [Ooc]Sorry Mickey, catching up here. I would say that since the stuff inside the sphere hurt you, then it will hurt the mother. That could create a gnarly close quarters battle situation for us all...ok, reading further down now.

      Delete
  8. [TEDDY]

    [IC] Realizing that just flitting around the perimeter it not going to work anymore now that the group has entered the building, TEDDY finally just sort of sidles up to the rest of the gang and fronts like he's always been there. "Green Ooze, fellas. How 'bout that? Am I right? Heh." He sort of acts like this is just another day at the beach but in his head he's thinking, "Fuck. I don't see any treasure and we're way outnumbered. That little rat-guy's got, like, a fucking ORB. I wonder if that's worth money? Um also holy fuck that dude over there has teeth in his fur shirt."

    [OoC] Fuck it I'm just jumping in. The rest of the group was right when they pointed out we were too outnumbered to bring the noize. I'll save ruckus-creation for a more appropriate time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@TEDDY]

      Are you jumping into the vat of green ooze?

      Delete
    2. [Teddy Ooc] No! I meant I'm jumping into the game!

      Delete
  9. [Morn-Start]

    [IC] Enters the strange and shadowy room, his monitor screen glows through his chrome visor, it’s cool blue green light illuminates in the darkness. Reflections bounce off his metal form as well as the gelatin as his gaze travels over it. He stands within the doorway near Winter. “Most moms agree life’s messy, get over it!!! zzzzrt When its time to put the chill in children reach for zinka coolers the other mothers milk.beeeeep Mothers little helper sanitary napkins now available in multi colors and handy smaller carry pack. zerrrrrpt stop in at Morn Start.”

    ReplyDelete
  10. [MOSES]

    [IC] Moses taps his flipper to the rhythm of the baptismal chant. "This is our first baptism, as is usually the custom!" quips the piranha-man to the delicious vegetal maiden. "We are excited to see how uplifting the ceremony actually is." Moses looks at the green ooze, wondering if it is thin enough to breathe underwater with his extra lungs. "If this turns awful, I could dive into the ooze and eat all their babies," thought Moses with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MOSES]

      Studying the vast vat filled with the glowing-green gelatin, you surmise it is probably too viscous for your gills to process. But the suspended children and babies do appear exceptionally vulnerable, and edible to your pirahnic instincts.

      Delete
  11. [TEDDY]

    [OoC] Mutant Lord, I want to take a closer look at the room with the vat and the large figure. Is there anything else in the room? Specifically anything that looks like treasure or weaponry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@TEDDY]

      You notice that the figure on the throne has its feet on some kind of box within the dais. There are crude latches and hinges. But to access it would mean moving the figure itself. Between you and the figure are the two sets of twins now standing before the figure.

      Delete
  12. [@WHOLE PARTY]

    The two pairs of twins approach the seated figure and speak and sing in an elaborate chorus together. Tho Harlowe is just speaking in unintelligible vowel sounds. They also move their arms in a what’s clearly a choreographed sequence they’ve done many times before.

    Felix turns to your group and smiles. Through his grin he says, “I will translate for you!”

    “The Veiled Activation cleanses the world!
    It gives us life where there would be none!
    We are the blessed by its generous touch!
    The Others are destroyed by its malice!

    Hood Prie! Who showed us the way!
    Hood Prie! Who leads us in the wake of our God!
    Hood Prie! Who gave us our Mother!
    Hood Prie! Come back to us one day!

    The Church must grow and grow!
    The Church grows in this impossible world!
    The Church defies The Nature!
    For The Nature would kill us!

    The Blessed ones are The Chosen!
    They are the buttresses of The Church!
    They give life where The Nature would deny!
    The Blessed ones are The Fathers!”

    Felix, smiling happily, says, “Now you breed with The Mother. The Church must grow by The Blessed.”

    ReplyDelete
  13. [Mickey]

    [IC] Mickey takes out the orb, inserts the red ring, and then opens it up. He holds it out, over the ooze, and offers it out. "B-b-before we begin," stammers his left head, trembling with fear, with his right head continuing. "Um. Uh, w-w-we would like to offer a gift of gratitude to the Blessed Mother."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MICKEY]

      The two sets of twins look confused. They look at each other puzzled, then back at you. Felix, not grinning any longer, says, "This? This is how you breed, two rat?" Then Steven yells, "Stop what your are doing! Only your seed is necessary for The Mother!"

      Out of the corner of your eye, you notice that whatever substance was in the sphere is now gone, probably cooked off from exposure to the air. There is a cylindrical object rattling around in the bottom of the hemisphere.

      You also notice the green ooze has begun to pulse green light with more intensity and frequency, and it is sloughing itself toward the near edge of the vat in anticipation.

      Delete
    2. [Mickey]

      [IC] Mickey, transfixed by the fact he can see inside the orb, leans in closer to examine the cylindrical object.

      Delete
    3. [@MICKEY]

      The cylindrical object appears to be related to the metallic material of the sphere itself and the one MOSES carries. It is perfectly smooth all the way around and about eight inches in length and two inches in diameter. It gleams as if newly polished, even in the near dark of the room. In fact its surface seems to be generating light!

      Delete
    4. [Mickey]

      [IC] Mickey takes the object from the sphere, holds it in his hand, and leans forward, ready to be baptized. "Alright, well. Moses did it. Maybe this will give me good luck," mutters left head. "Fuck," concurs right head.

      Delete
    5. [@MICKEY]

      You grasp the tube. Immediately you feel a power surge through your body. Both your minds feel like they have tunnel vision on the skull helmet MOSES possesses. The tube feels like it is magnetically attached to the palm of your hand.

      You stand on the edge of the vat, presenting yourself the The Mother. As with MOSES, a green amoeba appendage lashes out latching onto your member. Your heart races. You feel psychically teleported to another another dimension. Suddenly, in the middle of having your seed sucked forth, you come to, in total awareness. The cylinder in your hand is creating a deafening ringing in your head. It appears to be vibrating. From its top surface emerges a thin black line a yard in length. Looking at the line is like looking into the void of space. Reality bends around it, almost in waves, a current ever-flowing inward toward the darkness!

      Delete
    6. [Mickey]

      [IC] Mickey claws at the air wild eyed, rat heads thrashing back and forth as the sound thrums in his delicate ear canals. He screeches, unable to form real words, unable to focus on anything other than the noise in his head. He grabs at Moses, trying to take his skull helmet.

      Mickey grips the cylinder. The black line, blacker than black, deep and sinister, does the opposite of flash in the light. It sucks in the light. It sucks in the reality. And for a minute, just one minute, as the two-header rat thrashed about looking for solace, that simple cylinder looked like a sword.

      [OOC] Ben, would you say the cylinder and black line are set up line a knife or sword? Did I catch that description right?

      Delete
    7. [@MICKEY]

      Indeed, it's more of a sword than a knife in length. There is no blade, only a thin, rigid line of void.

      The Twinses are taken aback by this display. There is panic that passes over their eyes. Telem, stands up straighter sensing a new martial element has entered his domain. He moves toward you, leaving TEDDY at the door with Forunata.

      Delete
  14. [MOSES]

    [IC] "Forgive our friend's faux pas!" says Moses to the Twinses, winking at Mickey. "He hails from a far-off rat land of strange two-headed customs. But I am of one mind." The piranhoid gazes at the hypnotic jiggle of the Mother's green ooze, sparking a memory of the egg sac he was laid in. Like flowing river water, Moses remembers the cluster of wriggling spawn around him, his brothers and sisters, and how finally they all burst forth from the ooze together, to feed and grow. Then his memory crumbled into a black void. Perhaps rejoining this ooze will make me whole again, thought the fish-man.

    Moses sets down his bone club and steel egg and strips off his tattered loincloth. He hops up on the edge of the vat. "I am ready to bless the Mother with my seed!" he croaks. "O holy Twinses, guide me to the proper orifice!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [TEDDY OoC]

      Mutant Lord, I would like to grab Moses's club and egg "for safekeeping".

      Delete
    2. [@MOSES]

      The Twinses raise their arms in silent reverence of your actions. At the edge of the vat, you balance precariously. Your arms wave for counterbalance. An amoeba-like appendage rises from The Mother's main mass. It attaches itself to your member like a serpent striking. You feel a tremendous surge, a sun shatters in the middle of your forehead, your eyes ache, time quickly slows, you feel as though you are floating in smoke, every fiber in your muscular system vibrates. It is over in quick order. The appendage withdraws as quickly as it snared you.

      You feel different somehow, but aren't quite certain. What you know is you feel at peace with the world in all its devastation. You don't care one jot about your former life. In fact you feel as though the future is an opportunity. You have been reborn.

      Delete
    3. [@TEDDY]

      Duly noted. Though I'm sure MOSES will want his possessions back now that his Baptism has concluded.

      Delete
  15. [Morn-Start]
    Looks around with hands on hips 9in a robot voice--"This appears to be beyond my function"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      Felix (and Steven) walk over to you. Felix says, "Metal man, your system is not compatible with biological systems? What is the ritual for reproduction? The Mother cares not what you are made of, only useful data. Please ..." And he gestures toward the vat.

      Delete
  16. [Cellulosa]

    Celllosa looks around. These meat men she though allies are seem either timid, stupid or both. To be fair, there are few non-vegetative beings who Cellulosa views as her equals.

    With no clothing or possessions to shed, Cellulosa steps on the edge of the vat, each movement sounding like the rustling of a corn field.

    She spreads the lips of her suprisingly humanoid opening to invite the appendage to penetrate her.

    She strikes the pose of surrender.

    But she has a surprise for this "mother" who is not of nature and who the Twinses is some sort of god. As she does so she secretes a discrete amount of poison for her womb. She wishes to test the power of this god, prepared to feign innocence if something should go wrong.

    [ooc] Speaking of wrong this may be he most disturbing thing I've ever written. Still, curious how this works out as I'm considering writing a erotic novella for Kindle. I don't think plant monster erotica has been fully tapped

    EDIT: Spoke to soon: http://www.amazon.com/Mating-Jungle-Tentacle-Monster-Erotica-ebook/dp/B00AGOILR4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@CELLULOSA]

      The green appendage approaches cautiously sensing something amiss, but proceeds nonetheless. Upon touching the gentle petals of CELLULOSA's sex, the green appendage recoils in alarm, shuddering in pain! The entire vat quakes with The Mother as its mass slams against the walls. Large waves of its body ripple 10-feet high. You can see the babies/children hovering in her form appear to be crying.

      (Consider writing Gamma World erotica! You can make a million bucks churning out those books every month.)

      Delete
  17. [TEDDY IC] Teddy witnesses the bizarre, pseudo sexual goings on and says, 'Um Nah. You guys let me know when this is over. I'll be waiting outside.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@TEDDY]

      Telem, his giant form looming large, holds up his globe hand with the lengthy needles protruding from it, before you. Fortunata stands behind him. "Blessed one, you may not leave this room without The Baptism making."

      You can see, beyond Telem, out the door of the structure, it seems every member of The Thrice Church has congregated for the ceremony. There must be several hundred standing out there.

      Delete
    2. [TEDDY IC] Teddy stops short, grins wryly, and says, "On second thought, this might be cool. Uh...you guys go first though."

      [OoC] So it sounds like we're surrounded. I'd like to wait this out for as long as I can. In general I'm interested in not dipping my bits in green gunk or anything like that and I don't want my character mutated, so I'm going to hang loose for as long as I can to see what this does to the other guys. Cowardly? Pragmatic!

      Delete
    3. [@TEDDY]

      Telem's attention is suddenly on something else behind you. You see the two-headed rat man, MICKEY, brandishing some kind of strange weapon. When you look at it's "blade" it gives you a headache, as if you stared at the sun, but instead of brightness, it is pure darkness. Everything blurs around it.

      Telem quickly steps around you toward MICKEY.

      Delete
  18. [CELLULOSA IC]

    Cellulosa steps down from the vat and turns to the Twinses. She addresses them in a commanding tone.

    "Have you ever seen Mother act like this?"

    She doesn't wait for an answer.

    "Of course not! Through this baptism she has deemed me her avatar, and protector of her children.

    Bow down before me, Twins!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@CELLULOSA]

      Confusion has been splashed all over room. The Twinses are in a panic. They are distracted by the violent undulations of The Mother, as well as MICKEY brandishing a weapon completely alien to everyone in the room.

      Steven is barking at everyone. Felix seems intensely worried. Rudy and Harlowe are hopping in place, wracked with indecision about what to do.

      Steven turns his attention to you, "Witch! What have you done to The Mother! Her screams are like daggers in my mind!"

      He moves toward you.

      Delete
    2. [Cellulosa]

      Cellulosa is genuinely upset the Twinses did not bow down to her. Even if she way lying about The Mother proclaiming her its avatar, surely her beauty made her worthy of bowing down to.

      Still, she tries to put her pride aside and speaks in a soothing voice. She she speaks, she slowly backs up and onto the lip of the vat again.

      "I am no witch, Steven. Mother only makes you hurt for not bowing down and accepting my divinity. You are frightening the children. Mother wants me to care for her children. OUR children. Let me show you."

      With that, she grabs one of the hovering children and clutches it to her breast.

      "There there little one. The Twinses will not hurt you."

      Delete
    3. [@CELLULOSA]

      You reach down to grab one of the children floating in the green ooze. But The Mother's body is raging back and forth in a torrent.

      [Tech] Roll a 1d20 under your Dexterity for success.

      Delete
    4. [tech] rolled a 1
      [OOC] meaning - needed a 7 or less and got a 1

      Does that mean I have a goo baby now?

      Delete
    5. [tech] rolled a 1
      [OOC] meaning - needed a 7 or less and got a 1

      Does that mean I have a goo baby now?

      Delete
    6. [@CELLULOSA]

      Indeed. You reach forth into the viscous body of The Mother and draw forth a small baby. But the baby appears to have the features of a 60-year old man. Still he appears in good health. He is silent for a moment before unleashing a horrible cry, frothing green ooze from his mouth, trying to breath air for the first time after being born!

      The Twinses are marveling at what they have witnessed. Their demeanor appears to have changed drastically! Their brows perk upward, their mouths droop, their hands unclench. Their eyes are completely focused on the newborn. They approach you as if you aren't even there, wanting to look at the newest member of The Thrice Church.

      Delete
  19. [Morn-Start]

    [IC] Places his hand in the goo and swirls it slightly. " Catch the Double Slush bum rush!!! 2 for 1 bigem cups,,, Now, or bzzrpt Later."

    [OoC] He puts up a fire wall internally but lets some readable commercial data in readable easy access zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      The Mother is whirling and splashing around savagely in the vat. You feel the data dump into the ooze. Small electrical bolts orbit your hand. But the waves of The Mother are so forceful you're in danger of being swept over the edge of the vat wall!

      [Tech] Roll a 1d20 under your Dexterity for success.

      Delete
    2. [@MORN-START]

      The tidal wave of The Mother's oozey body rumbles toward you, but you easily step aside, your gleaming metal frame pirouetting out of the way with unbelievable elegance.

      Delete
  20. [WHOLE PARTY]

    The room has devolved into madness. The Mother is swirling violently in reaction to the poisonous secretions of CELLULOSA. MICKEY has drawn the attention of Telem upon igniting some sort of weapon from inside the sphere he's been carrying. Telem is striding toward him. MICKEY is intent on the skull helmet of MOSES. MORN-START is in danger of being swept up and over the vat wall and would plunge into the body of The Mother. MOSES in his post-Baptism state is under an air of calm. But the Twinses are hopping with anxiety, outrage, confusion, and panic. Fortunata guards the door, and throngs of Thrice Church members are outside, clamoring to see what is going on. Some are yelling toward the structures lone doorway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [MOSES]

      [IC] Amidst the swirling chaos, Moses is an island of post-coital calm. His clouded past is of no concern. The lineage of his Marlborough family will live on through these goo-babies. Moses smiles as he realizes the future holds only opportunity—such as perhaps a driver's compartment of this large vehicle, to drive off into the beautiful wasteland?

      The piranha-man looks around the room for any hidden doors that might lead to a driver's seat. He also tries to remember if he saw any driver's seat at the front of this large vehicle when they ascended the ramp. Perhaps he could exit the lone doorway in the rear, pull himself up on top of the vehicle, and move to the front of the vehicle where the steering wheel might be?

      Delete
    2. [Mickey]

      [IC] Mickey, truly oblivious to the chaos, grabs at Moses's skull helmet. "Please, Moses, please, we needs it!" screeches left head. "Helmet!" confirms right head.

      Delete
    3. [MOSES]

      [IC] Moses dips his head, allowing Mickey to take his skull helmet. "I am born again! What use have I for crude possessions!" he croaks sweetly. The piranha-man in his shredded loincloth (with smaller bone and rock hammer) gazes calmly around himself for the driver's seat of this vehicle. Even though they may squabble, he wants to drive his new family somewhere nice, a good place to start a life together, far away from all that chaos outside.

      Delete
    4. [Mickey]

      [IC] Mickey grabs the skull helmet, puts it on his head, and shakes like a wet dog, shaking out the timidity, the fear, the sublimation. His necks stretch out, rat heads held imperceptibly higher, red eyes flashing in the light.

      He stands just a bit taller now. Mickey holds the sword out in front of him. He'd forgotten, oh how he tried to forget, but he'd done this before, a long time ago, when a group of freaks got matching tattoos to celebrate the fact they were unkillable killers.

      "Do whatever the fuck you gotta do, Meat," Mickey hisses.

      Delete
    5. [@MOSES]

      When you entered the building to the side, you saw the cab for the whole vehicle. It is toward the other side of the room, away from the seated figure. However, you don't see a doorway to access it. The only way appears to be out the side door, where Fortunata is standing guard.

      Delete
    6. [@MICKEY]

      In the next moment a kaleidoscope of images assaults your brain. Emerald blue galaxies sparkling with explosions. Achingly dense planetoids hovering alone in endless space. All the stars in the sky falling back to the same level, becoming a wall of light. A four headed being covered in fur roaring out of its quartet of mouths.

      Delete
    7. [Mickey]

      [IC] Both of Mickey's heads begin screaming in unison: "I don't know your name, Four Heads, but I can see you! I can see your planets! And I can see the light! The stars! And I can see you, Four Heads! Who are you? What do you want us to do?"

      Delete
    8. [@MICKEY]

      As quickly as the images enter your brain, they flicker out of existence. You still feel the presence of the four-headed figure close to you, residing in the helmet you wear. It seems to be linked to the cylinder you carry in your hand. There is some kind of feed cycling back and forth between the helmet and the cylinder.

      Delete
    9. [Mickey]

      [IC] "Four arms! Don't leave us, four arms!" Mickey yells. He lowers the head with the skull on it, lifts his right head to get a better view, and carefully touches the tip of the black void to the skull on his head.

      Delete
    10. [@MICKEY]

      It feels as though your tongue has tasted electricity. You hear a psychic scream erupt from the core of your brains. The void blade winks out. You feel no energy between the skull helmet or from the cylinder.

      Delete
  21. [TEDDY]

    [IC] Teddy sees Mickey's weapon and observes Telem striding towards the rat-man. Thinking, 'Now THIS looks like the donnybrook I've been waiting for!' He walks forward to intercept Telem before he can harm Mickey. Teddy still possesses Moses's club, and he likes the feel of it in his hand.

    [OoC] OK! Now it's time to drop the needle! Mutant Lord: Does Telem's body language seem threatening towards Mickey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@TEDDY]

      Telem's body language appears to give off a sense of control, or attempting to control the situation. It's guarded, but not aggressive, he's not positioning himself to strike MICKEY, more to intervene, if there is a threat. Right now he just seems like he wants to make his presence known.

      Delete
    2. [TEDDY]

      [IC] Teddy notices Telem's body language and positions himself closer to Mickey in the event that Telem decides he needs to strike. Both Teddy and Telem notice that Mickey is experiencing something bizarre under the helmet.

      Delete
    3. [@TEDDY]

      You basically are following Telem in his blind spot, just to the back and side of him, measuring up his intentions, waiting to see what moves he might make. You heft the bone club in your hand to judge its weight. But the sight of MICKEY distracts you from Telem. MICKEY appears to be staring at things that aren't there. His rat heads bob and swivel. There appear to be reflections on his eyes of things that aren't in the room with you. Perhaps there are things being projected from the interior of his skulls?

      Delete
  22. [WINTER BLACKFORD]

    [IC] As if nothing is wrong in the universe, Winter Blackford puts on his sexiest slow strut and slowly approaches the cabin door. Licking the palm of his right hand he quickly greases down the ruffled hair on his left head. All four of Winters eyes oooze lazily over Fortunatas gorgeous bod, from her muscle wrapped toes all the up to that enticing fig-leaf of a hockey mask.

    Winter leans casually against the cabin door frame, puts on his best bedroom eyes and addresses this fine provocative warrior priestess in front of him:

    Man Head: "Hey Sugar. All this procreation has got me a bit worked up. I can see you are no stranger to the art of arousal, so let me get to the point. Would you mind helping me with this baptism process? You see, after "The Accident" I find it hard to come to completion without a partner there to provide a strong grip and a tight tug on the old apple-sacks"

    Meat Head grins and gives his most seductive wink, which is rather horrifying.

    Meat Head: "Testicles get lonely too."

    [Ooc] My intention here is to add more to the confusion and/or possibly clear the doorway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@WINTER]

      You have Fortunata's attention, in spite herself and in spite of the Twinses obvious unrest, The Mother's horrifying reaction to CELLULOSA, and MICKEY's void blade, etc.

      [Tech] Roll a 1d20 under your Charisma.

      Delete
    2. [@WINTER]

      Fortunata is utterly captivated by you, in spite of the fact that you have not been Baptized. Perhaps it's because you haven't been indoctrinated into The Thrice Church that makes you so enthralling. You're an outsider but also one of the Blessed. She moves her body closer to yours. You have her total attention.

      Delete
  23. [Morn-Start]
    [IC] Follows Moses looking for the drivers cabin. Looking both ways watching our backs with slate tablet ready to strike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      You and MOSES have found there isn't an obvious doorway connecting the structure you're in with the driving cab in the front of the vehicle. There seems to be only one egress from this room: the one Fortunata stands in front of. However, she appears to be engaged in some kind of interplay with WINTER BLACKFORD! The Twinses seem focused on CELLULOSA who is speaking to them harshly.

      Delete
    2. [MOSES]

      [IC] Moses sidles up to WINTER, ready to serve as his wingman. He peers at Fortunata, curious to see how she reacts to WINTER's overtures.

      Delete
    3. [@MOSES]

      WINTER has completely charmed Fortunata with his simian ruggedness and un-Baptized, unclean, rebellious existence. She is clearly shirking her door responsibilities. The portal is available to you and MORN-START to exit should you decide.

      Delete
  24. [Morn-Start]
    Walks casually out the door making his way to the cab of the vehicle as if its all routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      You do so. Upon exiting, there is a quiet murmur from the crowd of Thrice Church members that rises into a cheer when they see you emerge from the structure. You turn and stride confidently toward the cab of the enormous truck.

      Delete
  25. [Morn-Start]

    [IC] Checks the cab door.

    [OoC] if no one is in it I will get in if someone is in it i will open it anyway but not yet enter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      There is a driver in the cab. He greets you with a stare through his black-glass visor. It's impossible to tell his expression because the lower half of his face is covered with some kind of breathing apparatus. Two tubes arc over his shoulders and disappear behind the seat. He, at least you think it's a "he", is wearing loose canvas clothing, with hand-sewn pouches on the sleeves and breast. It smells of oil, fuel, exhaust in the cab. From the mirror hangs a crude drawing of two people having sexual intercourse. All the controls and dash are painted black. There is dust covering everything.

      Delete
  26. [MOSES]

    [IC] Moses slips through the cloud of pheromones between Winter and Fortunata and follows Morn-Start outside. Riding the wave of applause set off by the perky breakfast droid, Moses lifts his loincloth to display his well-drained balls to the crowd.

    "The Mother hath taken my seed, and I am born again!" cries Moses, flashing his pearly whites to the cheering crowd. He then casually follows Morn-Start, waving like a beauty queen to the Thrice Church believers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MOSES]

      Generating a lot of XP with this type of behavior.

      Delete
  27. [Morn-Start]

    [OoC] @ Moses, LOL!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. [CELLULOSA]
    [IC]

    Cellulosa looks down at the elderly, viscous "baby" and tries hard to contain her revulsion. Instead, she puts on the face of a proud mother.

    She addresses the Twinses "See! All is as I have said! Behold Mother's newest child. Now, let us see if you are worthy of serving The Thrice Church".

    With that, she hands the baby to Felix and Steven. As she does so, she secretes poison from her nipple, and scoops some up with her hand, careful not to drip on the child. She gently drips some on the Felix/Steven before following Morn-Start to the cab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@CELLULOSA]

      The Twinses are transfixed on the "child", particularly its genitals, to which they make joyous exclamations in another language. You hear the name "Hood Prie" in their jargon, before you slip the poison onto Felix/Steven.

      Felix/Steven howl in pain. They survive the immediate threat of the poison itself, but look injured. They continue to clutch the "child". As you stride toward the door you hear some kind of muttering from every angle, you turn when you hear someone scream "Telem! Fortunata!" Five glowing, flipping shapes launch from Rudy's staff, and unerringly strike your chest, exploding.

      Telem, with incalculable speed spins and is upon you. Fortunata is standing right by the door, enthralled by the overtures of WINTER BLACKFORD no longer quickly turns to you. The two seven-foot, impossibly-muscled warriors completely occupy your field of vision as smoke rises from your chest.

      Telem strikes you with his blade hand, but misses. However he then hooks you with the counter blade and pins you onto his needle globe.

      Fortunata stabs you in the side with her blade hand, and attempts to bury the needle globe in your neck, but misses.

      [Tech]
      Take 18 damage from Rudy's attack.
      Take 2 damage from the needles themselves, and roll 1d20 for save against Poison.
      Take 4 damage from Fortunata's stab.

      Delete
    2. [CELLULOSA]
      HP:6!/30
      [tech]roll - 5 (save vs. poison -14)

      [IC} (If Cellulosa is still alive)

      Reeling in pain, near death, Cellulosa refuses to still give up her haughty bluff...

      "How dare you attack me! If you felt pain it's because Mother does not deem you worthy. Now you must suffer for hurting me, her Avatar"

      With that, she unleashes a blinding light from her eyes against her foes, hoping it will cover her escape towards the cab.

      (Bright Eyes - blinds an opponest with 30' for 1d4 rounds
      This blindness causes the opponent a penalty of -4 to attack rolls and increase his
      armor class by 4. This ability is usefull regardless of daytime or nighttime.)

      [OOC] Sorry everyone...I probably should have quite while I was ahead by handing over the baby and not poisoned the twins.

      Delete
    3. [@Cellulosa]

      [OOC] Dude, this was fucking great. Hope you live and if you don't, cannot wait until you re-roll someone even more bizarre.

      Delete
    4. [@CELLULOSA]

      CELLULOSA's eye burn like two suns flashing out beams of light in a nanosecond into the faces of Telem, Forunata, and the Twinses. They all flinch and cover their eyes, blinded!

      If you want to make a movement action in addition to using Bright Eyes, you may do so.

      I'm with MICKEY. Throwing nitro glycerin onto a fuse is ALWAYS exciting! Let's see if CELLULOSA can get out of this predicament!

      Delete
  29. [@WHOLE PARTY]

    A Combat Phase has touched off! Your enemies have gone in response to CELLULOSA's attack on The Twinses.

    CELLULOSA, TEDDY, MICKEY, and WINTER, still in the main structure on the back of the with The Twinses, Telem, and Fortunata.

    MORN-START and MOSES are outside the cab, looking at the driver.

    It's the party's turn.

    ReplyDelete
  30. [Mickey]

    [IC] Shellshocked, Mickey puts the cylinder back in the egg. He begins to cry. His heads rub together as he runs his hands through is fur, attempting to console himself. He looks around, blankly, as if trying to find a place to sit, completely oblivious to the fight about to unfold. "We saw things. We saw four heads. We saw stars. We saw things. We saw things. We saw things." mumbled left head. "We broke it. We broke it. We broke it."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MICKEY]

      The bright light from CELLULOSA's eyes flares inside the room, but you are unaffected. The Twinses are staggering around near you. Felix and Steven clutch their newborn "child". The Mother seems to have settled down in her vat. Telem and Fortunata seem to be confused, their forearms covering the eye holes of their masks.

      Delete
  31. [MOSES]

    [IC] Moses reaches out with both hands and grabs the driver by the loose canvas clothing over his chest. He pulls with all his strength, trying to toss the driver out of the cab. "Give me a hand, Morn-Start!" croaks Moses. "Let's you and me drive!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MOSES]

      The driver is totally startled by this unexpected lunge and clutching from the piranha man. The driver lets out a muffled incredulous noise and tries to stop you from being pulled out of the cab.

      [Tech]
      Roll a 1d20 under your Strength.

      Delete
    2. [MOSES]

      [Tech] Rolls a 2! (Strength is 14)

      Delete
    3. [@MOSES]

      Your piranha strength is too much for the driver. You have your feet planted on the outside of the cab, and reaching through the window you have a much better angle of force applied. The driver is helpless as you drag him from the cab. MORN-START espouses his slogans to the driver as you do so.

      Delete
  32. [Morn-Start]
    [IC] Morn Start ushers the driver out "We are the newly ordained pilots you have been demoted human, go fetch us some value meals, one day you are employee of the week the next you are nobody, such is life in the thrice church and elsewhere, bask in our reflective glory dear loser and hand over the keys"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      The driver's head cocks to one side, even as he wrestles with MOSES, to take stock of what you've just said to him.

      [Tech]
      Roll a 1d20 under your Charisma for success.

      Delete
  33. [CELLLUOSA]

    With the Twinses distracted by the blinding light of her vegetative eyes, Cellulosa attempts to run past the distacted Church members and outside to the cab where Morn Start and Moses are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@CELLULOSA]

      You slip passed Telem and Fortunata as they struggle to regain their sight. You are outside, the Church members are craning their necks to see what is going on in the interior of the structure. But the members in the back of the crowd, seeing you emerge, cheer. You make your way to the front of the cab and see MOSES and MORN-START halfway in the cab.

      Delete
  34. Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      MOSES is dragging the driver from the cab no matter what you say. The driver appears distracted by being physically manhandled by a mutant piranha man that your words don't have much effect.

      Delete
  35. [TEDDY]

    [OoC] Mutant Lord, I know that Telem has moved, but am I still near Fortunata? If not, am I still close enough to Telem to strike him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@TEDDY]

      Indeed. You may move and then attack either Telem or Forunata. Describe the action and weapon you're using.

      Delete
    2. [TEDDY]

      [IC] Teddy sees Fortunata attack Cellulosa and finally sees the donnybrook he's been thirsting for come to pass. While Fortunata is dazed by Cellulosa's eye attack, Teddy, still possessing Moses's club, strikes brutally at the masked she-warrior, feeling a frisson of pleasure as the battle-lust he's kept at bay is allowed to spill over into the physical realm.

      Delete
    3. [@TEDDY]

      [Tech]
      Roll a 1d20 and record the result!

      Delete
  36. [MAOLMUIRE]

    [IC] Maolmuire snaps out of his stupor with a panicked cry, finding that Moses has run out and he has not yet followed. He frantically looks for his leader, and rushes toward whatever exit he can find, avoiding danger as his muscles begin to ripple and grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MAOLMUIRE]

      You easily dash past the blinded giant warriors and out into the sunset-soaked wasteland. The crowd of Thrice Church members erupts in cheers in the back, though fewer, as uncertainty spreads through their collective mind.

      Delete
  37. [@WHOLE PARTY]

    New Post!
    7. A SKY OF STEEL: http://cruellightbrutalsteel.blogspot.ca/2016/02/7-sky-of-steel.html

    We'll resolve any lingering issues in that post, namely TEDDY's attack on Fortunata. Let's take stock of everyone's position, inventory, and status:

    [INVENTORY and STATUS]

    CELLULOSA - Heavily wounded, bleeding, charred, limping toward the cab of the large vehicle where MOSES and MORN-START are dealing with the driver.

    MICKEY - In the large room of The Mother, holding the closed sphere, possessing the screwdriver, and the red ring, also the mysterious cylindrical void-blade weapon, and wearing the skull helmet of the four-headed creature.

    MORN-START - With MOSES near outside the cab of the large vehicle, holding the broken slate tablet in one hand.

    MOSES - With MORN-START outside the cab, grabbing the driver and hauling him out of the cab.

    WINTER - In the large room of The Mother (I believe) possesses the smaller steel key with the ring and plastic piece. Black stone shard.

    MAULMUIRE - Running toward MOSES and MORN-START at the cab.

    TEDDY - Attacking Fortunata in the large room of The Mother. We'll continue in the next post.


    [ACCOUNTING]

    CELLULOSA is near death! Only 6 HP left!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.