Tuesday, February 23, 2016

7. A SKY OF STEEL


Amidst the chaos in the large room of The Mother inside the vehicle's large structure and beyond, out into the murmurings and cheers of the crowd outside, in the background, is a sound coming from the East. It is some kind of music and chorus and it's getting louder.

Looking East you see the sun is setting and up against the ruby-red sun, there is a massive amount of giant birds. They appear giant because in their talons they are carrying humanoid figures. The humanoids are covered in fur of various earthen tones. There are both male and female humanoids. But some have dyed their pelts outlandish colors. The humanoids clutch weapons, which appear to be rifles. They also wear silvery helmets which cover their faces. The giant birds have human arms and hands that grasp cruder instruments of death, like swords and spears.

You can see there are different divisions marked by different colored birds and humanoids. They carry different weapons. There is a division which is playing the music. They have trumpets, reed instruments, and amplified stringed instruments.

They are and army. And they are all singing to the music.  They begin to descend on The Thrice Church caravan.


151 comments:

  1. [@WHOLE PARTY]

    For reference, I'm reposting this info here:

    [INVENTORY and STATUS]

    CELLULOSA - Heavily wounded, bleeding, charred, limping toward the cab of the large vehicle where MOSES and MORN-START are dealing with the driver.

    MICKEY - In the large room of The Mother, holding the closed sphere, possessing the screwdriver, and the red ring, also the mysterious cylindrical void-blade weapon, and wearing the skull helmet of the four-headed creature.

    MORN-START - With MOSES near outside the cab of the large vehicle, holding the broken slate tablet in one hand.

    MOSES - With MORN-START outside the cab, grabbing the driver and hauling him out of the cab.

    WINTER - In the large room of The Mother (I believe) possesses the smaller steel key with the ring and plastic piece. Black stone shard.

    MAULMUIRE - Running toward MOSES and MORN-START at the cab.

    TEDDY - Attacking Fortunata in the large room of The Mother. We'll continue in the next post.


    [ACCOUNTING]

    CELLULOSA is near death! Only 6 HP left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [MAOLMUIRE]

    [IC] Maolmuire looks around for anything that can be used as a weapon on the way to the cab. He yells to Moses to seek cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MAOLMUIRE]

      There are many weapons being carried by members of The Thrice Church milling about the various vehicles. As they notice the army descending toward them, they begin to prime, load, cock, and aim them for an impending assault.

      In your direct vicinity you can't see anything that could be used as a weapon that's lying on the ground or anything like that.

      Delete
    2. [MOSES]

      [IC] Moses slides into the driver's seat, leaving the door of the cab open for Maolmuire and staggering Cellulosa. He peers through the dusty windshield up at the singing horde in the sky. Moses feels a twinge of regret as he remembers bonding with Telem over his hatred of these winged humanoids. But now, it's time to go.

      [OoC] This is my 'move' into the driver's seat, along with my action of tossing the driver this round. Mutant Lord, I believe we all get one move + one action each round? And then the other side gets their turn.

      In addition, Mutant Lord, this whole thing you've built is JUST SO AWESOME.

      Delete
    3. [MAOLMUIRE]

      [IC] jumps into the cab and yells for Moses to "venture forth!"

      Delete
    4. [@MOSES]

      Behind the driver's seat you scan the controls of the vehicle. They appear familiar, but you are uncertain you know how to pilot it.

      [Tech]
      Roll a 1d20 for an Intelligence check.

      Delete
    5. [MOSES]

      [Tech] Moses rolls a 3 (against my 7 Intelligence).

      Delete
    6. [@MOSES]

      Without thinking your hands seem to intuitively know where to go over the controls. They hover over the various nobs, switches, levers, pedals and buttons. You hit the ignition, jam the clutch, and shift it into gear. The powerful engine turns over and the torque pulls the whole cab to one side, leaning on one wheel for a brief second. The exhaust pipes erupt, belching black smoke into the air, before settling into a deep, rumbling purr.

      You now have control over the vehicle.

      Delete
    7. [MOSES]

      [IC] "Move your green ass, vegetable woman!" yells Moses through the open door at wounded CELLULOSA, limping toward the cab. "We are OUTTA HERE!" He revs the engine impatiently.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. [@TEDDY]

      You're strike misses as Fortunata unexpectedly lurches to one side, perhaps sensing your presence. You see she's regained her sight.

      Seeing you she whips her blade hand at your body mass, but misses as you lunge passed her. She attempts to strike you with the her globe hand and connects.

      Telem regains his sight at this time as well, and seeing you battling with Fortunata, he lunges like a fencer attempting to stab you with is blade hand, but he misses completely. He brings his needle globe to jab you, and buries the needles in your abdomen.

      [Tech]
      You receive 1 point of damage from Fortunata's strike.
      You receive 8 points of damage from Telem's strike.
      Roll 1d20 to save against Poison!

      Delete
    2. [@TEDDY]

      You feel the poison from Telem's needles enter your bloodstream, but your Pure Humanity repels and destroys it immediately.

      The Twinses do not appear concerned with your scuffle. They are cradling their new "child" and are distracted by the music and chorus, growing in volume.

      Delete
    3. [OoC] May I attack again?

      Delete
    4. [@TEDDY]

      Yes, you can go ahead and attack again.

      Delete
    5. [Ic] Teddy feels his body reject the poison and grins his blood-grin. "First blood is yours, but last will belong to ME!" He snarls as he lunges at the grotesque heap that is Fortunata. He swings lustily with his club, fueled by his own pain and rage and encouraged by Mickey's awesome and terrible attack on Telem!

      Delete
    6. [@TEDDY]

      You see Forunata's eyes go wide inside the eye slits of her ceramic mask.

      [Tech]
      Roll a 1d20 to see if you hit.

      Delete
    7. [@TEDDY]

      Your club misses within a millimeter of Fortunata.
      She spins and attempts to hook you with her blade hand. You feel the blade cut into the back of your neck as Forunata draws you closer into her space. Then she brings the other portion of her blade hand down upon you. But she misses utterly, and in a wild display of uncoordinated movement, she slips and falls face first onto the floor.

      [Tech]
      You take 2 damage from the blade slice to the back of the neck.

      Delete
    8. [TEDDY]

      [OoC] Fuck this. I really want to kill Varicosa now.

      [Ic] Driven mad by his opponent's prowess with her blade and his fresh wound, a berserk Teddy Whirls upon her, his eyes tinted red with fury. Like a tawny mountain cat he strikes with his club, intent on pulverizing Fortunata's glistening steel-coil muscles into pulpy oblivion.

      Delete
    9. [@TEDDY]

      [Tech]
      Roll a 1d20 to see if you hit Fortunata!

      Delete
    10. [@TEDDY]

      Your club hits home against the tough, tanned, scarred hide of the woman warrior.

      [Tech]
      Roll a 1d6 for the damage you cause Fortunata.

      Delete
  4. [Mickey]

    [IC] Mickey closes the sphere and opens it again with the ring, removing the cylinder, frantically trying to get the void blade to appear again.

    [OOC] Hope this works! If not, I'm gonna get stabby with my screwdriver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MICKEY]

      Hearing the onrush of war music through the ceiling and walls of the dark chamber of The Mother, the Twinses expressions change to one of desperate hostility. They look up at the ceiling and around them as if the walls were closing in.
      They start to move toward the door, where Telem, Fortunata, and TEDDY are in a pitched hand-to-hand combat struggle.

      The void blade lazily reappears from the end of the cylinder in your hand.

      Delete
    2. [Mickey]

      [IC] Void blade in hand again, Mickey's eyes suddenly go clear. The two-headed rat is awake, looking around, and has shaken off the fog. It's as if he's slapped across the face. Suddenly, Mickey sees the absolute horror that surrounds him, war music pounding, sweaty, muscled, half-naked people attacking his war comrades, and the smell of Mother's embryo filling the entire room.

      Overwhelmed, Mickey attacks Telem with the void blade, from behind.

      Delete
    3. [@MICKEY]

      You have surprise on Telem. His massive back, rippling with muscle, is turned toward you, his attention on TEDDY.

      [Tech]
      Roll a 1d20 to see if you hit.

      Delete
    4. [@MICKEY]

      The void blade tears into the flesh of Telem's back. He roars in anger, pain, confusion, as his muscles are exposed and shredded. There is no blood, at first. Any material the blade touches is sucked immediately into the void. But as the arc of your swing passes into air, for a moment you are able to see into a large section of Telem's body, musculature and bones, before it is filled with blood that spills forth.

      But you also feel something else. The cylinder in your hand feels stuck, as if it's connected to your flesh, stronger than magnetism. It feels as tho it's glued to your palm. Also, part of your brain's synaptic connections collapse. You experience a moment of confusion as the connections find new pathways.

      [Tech]
      Roll a 1d8 for damage.
      Reduce your Intelligence by 1 point.

      Delete
    5. [Mickey]

      [Tech] Rolls an 8! But I feel that much dumber now.

      Delete
    6. [Mickey]

      [OOC] What's Telem's state?

      Delete
    7. [@MICKEY]

      Telem is wounded mightily, but he's still on his feet. Part of you is shocked he could take such a devastating blow, but he is also a hulking warrior with many scars.

      Delete
    8. [@MICKEY]

      Telem turns slowly around to confront you who have done this to him. His words are garbled when he addresses you and blood is spilling from the bottom of his mask.

      He lunges at you with his blade hand and barely misses you. But he also comes in with his needle globe underneath and misses again! It appears as though the wound you inflicted on him is having an effect on his fighting ability!

      Delete
    9. [Mickey]

      [IC] Mickey slashes at Telem with the void blade again.

      [Tech] Mickey rolls a 2.

      Delete
    10. [@MICKEY]

      Gone is the polite Telem, the one who called you Blessed and welcomed you into the Thrice Church. Now before you is a savage creature of raw, primal energy. The void blade only cuts the air.

      Delete
    11. [@MICKEY]

      Telem lunges at you with his blade hand, roaring with fury. His eyes are bright white shattered with red veins in the shadows of the mask eye holes. His blade knifes into your flesh. He brings his needles around in an arc, aiming for your gut. You feel the needles puncture your skin and drive deep into your body where hot poison shoots out into your bloodstream.

      [Tech]
      You take 6 points of damage from the blade strike.
      The needles deal 1 point of damage.
      Roll a 1d20 to save against Poison!

      Delete
    12. [Mickey]

      [Tech] I rolled a 20. No idea if that's good or bad.

      Delete
    13. [@MICKEY]

      That is good indeed, as with a 20 you definitely rolled over your Save-Against-Poison difficulty class.

      It's now your attack.

      Delete
    14. [Mickey]

      [IC] Mickey howls. Blood mats his fur. And he quickly looks around and feels an emptiness wash over him. Of a life spent fighting other people's wars and being a mutant, a filthy stupid, two-headed rat. His beady red eyes linger on the bulging muscles of Telem, whose fake happy banter only served to drag Mickey deeper into a series of living nightmares.

      "Okay. Now, we're going to fucking kill you." Mickey whispered. And then he hacked at Telem with his voidblade.

      [Tech] Mickey rolls a 5

      Delete
    15. [@MICKEY]

      Your attack is telegraphed by your zeal, and Telem makes a quick adjustment to his stance and dodges out of the way of the horrifying voidblade.

      Even though all you cut is the air between you and your enemy, you feel the handle of the voidblade tingle in your palm. You cannot remove your fingers from it, not that you'd want to release it at this point in battle. You aren't sure where skin of your palm ends and the handle of the blade begins.

      Delete
    16. [@MICKEY]

      Telem now rushes forward as your stroke moves clear. He brings down his blade hand, screaming a blood-curdling note. You feel the blade bite into your right shoulder as it cuts deep. Blood hisses forth from the wound. Telem is laughing.

      He brings his needle hand around as a body blow hoping to impale you on the needle points. And the needles penetrate your belly. You feel warm poison seep into your system.

      [TECH]
      You take another 6 points of damage from the blade.
      The needles deal you 4 points of damage.
      Roll a 1d20 to Save Against Poison!

      It is now your move.

      Delete
    17. [Mickey]

      [IC] Near death, Mickey refuses to back down. He raises his void blade again and hacks at Telem. "Fuck you," he spits.

      [Tech]

      Mickey rolls a 2 for the poison save. And an 8 for the attack.

      Delete
    18. [@MICKEY]

      Telem easily dodges the void blade. You sense him smiling behind his mask. His eyes a bulging with madness and bloodlust.

      The poison seeps slowly into your system. You feel the foreign substance as liquid pain in your veins.

      Telem reaches out his arms in what seems to be a hug. It's almost sweet, if it weren't for the malice behind his eyes.

      He pulls you into his embrace. He begins to walk you to the open door of the temple. Outside the earth is speeding by. There is a hawkman carrying an apeman 10 meters away keeping pace with your vehicle.

      Delete
  5. [CELLULOSA]
    The seared husk of a vegetable god that is Cellulosa drags herself into the cab with Morn-Start and Moses. She leaves a trail of burnt leaves in her wake.

    She turns to Moses.

    "Very well," she sputters. "You use your parlance, get my green ass out of here."

    ReplyDelete
  6. [@CELLULOSA, MAOLMUIRE, MOSES, MORN-START]

    You guys all squeeze in the cab with MOSES driving. You're in control of the vehicle. The Thrice Church members, the armed ones, the ones that aren't dressed in colors (those members were in the crowd and you can hear their screams), are all focused on the winged army descending from the sky. You can see explosions blossoming in the east. The armed church members are firing up in the sky. You can't really see the army itself from the cab. But you can hear their song has devolved into a mass scream of carnage, violence, adrenaline, and lust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [MOSES]

      [IC] Moses stomps on the gas, turning the wheel slightly to the right to aim for the gap between the parked trucks where only a small vehicle stands in their way. Even though a few trucks block their way somewhat, he hopes the massive bulk of their vehicle will push through them.

      [OoC] Moses drives towards "7 o'clock" on the map above, right over that small vehicle (a dune buggy or motorcycle?) in the southwest quadrant.

      Delete
    2. [@MOSES]

      The massive engine leaps forward. The wheels of the vehicle are wrapped several times over with burly chains. The whole vehicle starts to slowly gain motion. Black smoke pours into the sky out of the exhaust pipes. You're on the move.

      None of the Thrice Church militia seem to care. They notice you moving, but they're too focused on repelling the attack from the sky.

      Delete
    3. [@MOSES]

      [Tech]
      Roll a 1d20 for hitting the smaller vehicle with the one you're driving. Add any Dex modifiers, if you have any.

      Delete
    4. [MOSES]

      [Tech] I roll a 3, and my -1 Dex modifier makes that a 2.

      Delete
    5. [@MOSES]

      You totally miss striking the small vehicle, which is some kind of big, all-terrain tricycle. The collision with it mangles it's metal frame and it twists around the grill of the giant truck you're driving. It's now affixed to the grill. You're dragging it along as you move forward, picking up speed. Which way do you want to go now?

      Delete
    6. [MOSES]

      [IC] Moses continues to drive forward in a straight line, heading south! He presses smoothly on the accelerator, hoping to leave the Thrice Church mob and the attacking birdmen in his dust.

      [OoC] We can jump this thread to the bottom of the comments to catch up with everybody, if that sounds good.

      Delete
    7. [@MOSES]

      To the South you can see the compound from whence you came. It's broken, metal wall surrounds it. You can barely see the roofs of the short structures peeking out above it. It appears to be squarish or rectangular in shape, if you were to look down upon the compound from the sky. To the Southwest you can see some kind of water source. There appears to be a river of some kind.

      Sure thing. If you want to start a new comment, by all means do so to focus on this action.

      Delete
  7. [Mickey]

    [OOC @all] A couple questions. First is just that I noticed the rule at the top of the page is NEVER SPLIT THE PARTY so I just want to make sure that doesn't happen too much. Not sure where the closest vehicle is, or if the people who are fighting right now, like me, can even get to one. The other thing is about XP. When can we expect to get XP and level up? Does that happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [Mickey]

      [OOC] Oh, wait. I'm dumb. We're all in the big vehicle, fighting, and the vehicle is moving? Is that's what's happening?

      Delete
    2. [@WHOLE PARTY]

      Yeah, I reckon you guys haven't split cause you're all in the same giant vehicle, just in separate compartments. But, you're right, overall, you guys should try to avoid splitting the party at all costs. This is mostly for your own character survival mostly.

      I'll let you know when you level up. You guys are all Level 1. Depending on the cool shit you do in character, things you discover, enemies you defeat, etc., I award points. Level 2 is achieved at 3000 XP.

      Delete
    3. [OoC] Wait - i thought we had split. Aren't Mickey and i still in the big vehicle/temple fighting?

      Delete
    4. You're all in the same huge, main vehicle. You and MICKEY are in the structure that's on the back of the vehicle, fighting the leaders of the Thrice Church. CELLULOSA, MOSES, MORN-START, and MAOLMUIRE, are in the front of the vehicle, in the cab. You're all in the same vehicle, but you're in different parts. You're sort of split, technically. It's not a rule, splitting the party is more of guideline. It's not like one portion of the party is drove off and having another adventure.

      Delete
    5. [WINTER]

      [ooc] Winter is still in the birth-room with you guys.

      Delete
    6. [@WINTER]

      Right, WINTER is still in the birth-room, near the fight with Telem and Fortunata. Sorry, Pete.

      Delete
  8. [Morn-Start]

    "zeeerrrrp zip,, looks like were headed out to the highway we got nothin to loose at all, you can hang in a left or hang in a right the choice is your to do as you might!" Morn start Reclines between moses and CELLULOSA and puts a foot up on the dash board.

    ReplyDelete
  9. [WINTER BLACKFORD]

    {IC] Still leaning against the door frame of the Truck Cabin, Winter Blackford blows the crumbs of dirt and grease off his finger tip. Moving on to the next finger, Winter continues to clean his finger nails with absolute focus and calm. Scrape, dig, wipe, blow and repeat. Not a care in the world.

    The Truck Cabin lurches forward on its axles, the fighting Priests and Twinses shuffle to regain balance, and the Mothers Womb jiggles and undulates with the vehicles movement.

    Mr Balckford raises an eyebrow, shifts his weight ever so slowly to the balls of his feet and begins to casually walks counter clockwise around the birthing tub (ref image).

    [Ooc] My intention is to use the chaos in the room to mask my movement and re position myself to the left of the Mothers throne, opposite side of the birthing structure from the Twinsies and away from the fighting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@WINTER]

      Done. You do it with ease. No one appears to be concerned with your movement, even if they do notice, as it doesn't appear to be threatening in any way. On the other side of the vat you find a disturbing sight: there is a long pile of bones shoved up against the vat of The Mother. They're out of view from the other side of the room. All the bones incredibly clean and white. They appear to be covered with a shiny film. Up at the end of the room, the North end, is the seated figure, from the abdomen of which, protrudes the green oozy body of The Mother.

      Delete
    2. [WINTER]

      [Ooc] Winters goal was to stand to the left of The Mother, within (potential) striking distance of her. Do the bones prevent this or can he just keep moving towards the mother?

      Delete
    3. [@WINTER]

      You can absolutely reach her. But it does mean stepping on, over, or through the pile of bones.

      Delete
    4. [Moses]

      [OoC] Hey, that's the mother of my children!

      Delete
    5. [WINTER]

      [IC] Winter looks down at he huge pile of bones and tippy-toes through them as he makes his way to the Mothers side. He wonders to himself what kind of venereal disease can do that to a person?

      [OOC] Winter wants to be standing next the mother within reach of her neck.

      Delete
    6. [@WINTER]

      You're standing next to the vat containing The Mother. From what you can see, it's difficult to tell what is the neck of the creature known as "The Mother." It is an ever-changing amoeba-like gelatinous form.

      There is a seated figure at the northern end of the room. The Mother's form appears to be protruding from the abdomen of that figure. That figure looks to be a weathered, old husk.

      Delete
    7. [WINTER BLACKFORD]

      Winter quietly positions himself at the left hand of the dried Mother Husk and rests the tip of his long black glass shard on the birthing goo where it exits the seated humanoid form. Clearing his throats Winter addresses the Twinsies, the Priests, and his Compadres.

      MAN HEAD: "OK KIDS! ENOUGH! We meant none of you any harm, but things are now out of control! We hate to do this, HOWEVER, IF you do not leave this room immediately I will begin stabbing and tearing your "MOTHER" apart! JUMP FROM THE TRUCK NOW and I promise we will leave the Mother safely, further up the road where you can collect her."

      MEAT HEAD ROARS: "DO NOT FUCK US. JUMP. NOOOOOW!"

      [Ooc] Winter wants the twins and priests to jump. He will being stabbing babies if they do not. He is not bluffing.

      Delete
    8. [@WINTER]

      The Twinses all look at you, eyes bulging with horror. It is the stare of people who are witnessing the end of the world they have come to know and expect. As if being told nothing they knew was ever real. Their mouths move but nothing comes out.

      [Tech]
      Roll a 1d20 to test your Charisma.

      Delete
    9. [@WINTER]

      The Twinses aren't moving. Your commands have no effect. But your physical threat of The Mother they are taking seriously. They slowly step around each other so their shoulders are all facing you.

      Rudy speaks: "It is clear to us now that you are the spawn of the demon you once worshiped! One of them from the Other Places! The Veiled Activation is testing us! They did not cleanse your mind as they have done with your kind in the past! You are not a "Blessed", you are a "Cursed"!"

      Then Steven says, "Do not harm The Mother! We will use your corpse as a toilet until we can no longer distinguish your dead flesh from our excrement!"

      Delete
    10. [WINTER BLACKFORD]

      [IC] Winter shoves the sharp point of the glass shard into the green birthing gel just a few centimeters. A few more centimeters below the shards tip floats one of the suspended fetuses.

      MAN HEAD: "HEAR ME TWIN FUCKSIES!I DO NOT BLUFF AT THIS CARD TABLE!! Jump from this vehicle NOW and we will leave The Mother safely up the road!"

      MEAT HEAD: "JOWMP!"

      Delete
    11. [WINTER BLACKFORD]

      [IC] MEAT HEAD: "JOWMP!OR WE STAB!"

      Delete
    12. [@WINTER]

      "Do you think we would abandon our Mother, our reason for existing, in the hands of you cursed beings! You are a blight upon the world! You have been sent here for us to destroy!" bellows Steven.

      Electrical bolts leap from the tip of Steven's staff to Felix's staff. The gen at the end of Rudy's staff begins to glow.

      The Twinses adopt aggressive postures in your direction.

      Delete
  10. [ooc]
    I don't want to leave everyone behind but maybe we should try to unhook the cab from the trailer. (I would do it but I'm down to 6 hp). If everyone else ran, we could leave the church to fight with the birdmen and get the hell out of here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [OoC] Or our comrades Winter, Mickey, and Teddy could toss the Twinsies and the hardbodies out of the truck once I pick up speed, and we could take the Mother somewhere nice to repopulate the wasteland.

      Delete
  11. [@WHOLE PARTY]

    The vehicle you're all in now is moving mightily forward. It lurches violently as it gets up to speed.

    [Tech]
    WINTER, TEDDY, and MICKEY, and anyone else who might be in the back of the vehicle, roll a 1d20 to test your Dexterity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@WINTER]

      You feel the flat bed shift and shake under your feet, but it has not effect on your balance whatsoever.

      Delete
    2. [TEDDY]

      [TECH] I roll 15!

      Delete
    3. [@TEDDY]

      The entire structure rattles and shifts under your feet. After connecting with your hit to Fortunata, your arms fly out to stabilize yourself, but it's of no use, you lose your balance and topple over onto the floor.

      Delete
    4. [TEDDY]

      [OoC] My Lord, should I move my fight with Fortunata over here so that my actions are consolidated? Rather than scrolling up to the fight?

      [Tech] I rolled a 5 damage on Fortunata

      Delete
    5. [@TEDDY]

      Wherever is more convenient for you is fine, man.

      Delete
    6. [@TEDDY]

      Fortunata is barely fazed by your strike. Her leathery skin barely ripples and her muscles are as rocks.

      She attempts to hook you with her blade, but misses. But her globe hand comes swinging at you from out of nowhere, and hits you square!

      [Tech]
      Take 3 points of damage from the globe-hand strike.

      Delete
    7. [@TEDDY]

      Just a reminder: because you were unable to keep your balance from the shifting vehicle, you are now lying on the ground. For your next turn you'll have to get up before doing anything else.

      Delete
    8. [TEDDY IC] May I attempt to get up?

      Delete
    9. [@TEDDY]

      You may get up. You may also attack if you so choose. A move and attack you are granted.

      Delete
  12. [Morn-Start]

    [IC] Checks the cab and glove compartments bends down looking and reaching under the seat for weapons. Scans the cabin for anything of interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      In the glove you find an automatic pistol in an oil cloth. Underneath the seat is a sawed off shotgun, that is worn out, but appears in working condition.

      Delete
  13. [Morn-Start] Feels a electronic smile light up within his circuitry as he grips the pistol and lifts the shotgun from under the seat. "Moses, praise the lord of the wasteland my scaley friend. Lets cut the competition in half with this sawed off shotgun, when the time is right . A gift from myself and monstart industries and any subsidiary companies. make the morning yours. Morn-Start places the shotgun under one arm and holds up the pistol as a new sense of security and power washes over him the cab rumbles and the vehicle speeds forward. Morn Start looks out at the other vehicles to determine how easily they would be to take down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      Eying the other vehicles next to you, and you can see the militant members of the Thrice Church are starting to get inside them in order to combat the army of hawk men, you can see their tires are obvious targets to disable the vehicles. Some of them however use treads to propel them. But surely there must be some kind of fuel supply for these vehicles and they appear to have very old combustible engines.

      Delete
  14. [CELLULOSA]

    The green skinned plant goddess slides what's left her lithe, vegetative form in between Morn-Start and Moses for protection. She puts her arms around them, careful not to drip any of her lethal sap on to them. She's not sure it would affect the robot, but she wouldn't want to risk any of her wetness shorting him out.

    "My saviours!" she exclaims, turning on her charm despite feeling like her sacrifice in attacking Mother and the Twinses might not be fully appreciated. Still, self-preservation had to be prioritized over pride.

    "I hope I can rely upon your protection. Stinging and blinding the fanatics of The Thrice Church has left me in poor shape indeed. I'm not sure I can help much without weapons, but if you need me to flash our opponents, just say the word. And don't forget to close your eyes."

    [OOC] How do plants (or anything) heal in this game? Does anyone have any healing ability or items that might help me get my hp over single digits? [OOC]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@CELLULOSA]

      Mutant Plants and all other creatures heal the same way: through rest. But there are also consumables with healing properties.

      Delete
  15. [Morn-Start]

    [IC] "Savers for savings we can all save more of ourselves!! bzrrrrp,, if we leave the fighting to the church and the winged ones who fly now this way. Let us hope to escape any further price gouging on this battlefield. Bzzippp if they destroy each other we may reap the benefits and a windfall of value. Make your next move a fresh move ,stay fresh try our produce isle, morn start!! value in every purchase .

    ReplyDelete
  16. [MOSES]

    [IC] Moses keeps driving southwest, trying to put distance between them and the battling Thrice Churchers and birdmen. He skips the compound from whence they came and heads for the distant river. A dip sounds mighty fine, thought the piranha-man. And perhaps Cellulosa could revive her scorched fronds there?

    Moses glances around through the windows (or rear-view mirror if there is one). Are any of the Thrice vehicles or birdmen following them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MOSES]

      Your daring escape during the beginning stages of a battle, commandeering the largest vehicle in the Thrice Church caravan, containing a religious figure of worship and at least some of the church's leadership has not gone unnoticed.

      Three vehicles from the crowd of Thrice Church vehicles tear off after the enormous hauler you drive. They are but clouds of dust in your rear view, but you can see they are smaller, and probably faster than your large vehicle, which, while up to a good speed, still has the mangled trike in it's grill, dragging portions of it on the ground.

      Also, you can see in the air, some of the birdmen with their ape man counterparts appear to be banking in your direction!

      Delete
  17. [Morn-Start]

    [IC]The chrome cat looks to the landscape to see what lies beyond, scanning for any buildings or terrain to lead this mob to. He hopes of finding somewhere to make a stand or a proper escape to."Moses keep driving maybe if we draw the following church members to a bottleneck. I think zerpzzt that the church and the warbirds want the payload we carry it may be the bait we need to make a break for it."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [MOSES]

      [IC] Moses keeps his foot on the gas. "Smashing idea, chrome cat-bot! Dump the Mother to appease our pursuers! My attachment to my goo-babies is waning. But I must keep my flippers on the wheel... Morn-Start or Maolmuire, can you find out if we can detach the hauler from our cab? And we should retrieve our friends back in the hauler before we do so! It will take climbing out onto a speeding truck while waving a shotgun, but isn't that what you've always dreamed of?" asks Moses.

      Delete
    2. [@MOSES]

      In the left side rear-view mirrors, you see the detached vehicles gaining on your enormous, lumbering vehicle. They are smaller, more agile vehicles. The rear-view mirror is shaking wildly under the constant tremors of the vehicle rattling forward in motion, but you can make out a large-barreled weapon is mounted to one of the vehicles, with a figure operating it.

      In the right side rear-view mirror, you can see the hawkmen with their apemen charges gaining on you as well. There are four hawkmen carrying one apeman each.

      Delete
  18. [@WHOLE PARTY]

    Side note: Apologies for being away for so long. The last few weeks have been super busy finishing projects before a trip to Texas, followed by catching up on things after returning. Looking forward to getting back into a steady rhythm now with CRUEL LIGHT, BRUTAL STEEL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. [Morn-Start]
    [IC] Morn start hands the shot gun over to Moses "cleans up messes and removes pests,, for when the time is right my scaley friend bezzzpttt. Im heading for a better view zrrpt outside, time to work, time to serve, these flying suckers". Morn-Start kicks open his side door he looks for a clear shot at the closest bird man, if he has a clear shot hell take it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      You do indeed have a clear shot all the way. The hawkmen are approaching rapidly, moving much faster than the gargantuan vehicle you're riding in. The front cab is shaking as it lumbers along and may affect your shot.

      Delete
    2. [@MORN-START]

      [TECH]

      Roll a 1d20 (and add any modifiers for Dex) to see if you hit one of the hawkmen, or their apeman payload. You also have two attacks as per your Quickness mutation. You can select two targets.

      Delete
    3. [IC] Cellulosa sees Morn-Start aiming for one of those flying bird-monkeys. Or are they monkey birds? They are all meat flesh to her.

      She does not know what they want, but she remembers the Thrice Church members called them their enemy. She seems to recall that, like the church, they worship the disgusting "Mother" they are dragging behind her. The one that is slowing them.

      "Morn-Start, my mechanical friend. Might I suggest you aim for that vehicle with the gun mounted on it? It seems like more of a threat. The bird-men are no friends of The Church, which make enemies of them?

      And speaking of The Church, it is slowing us down. I know we've comrades left inside. But perhaps if we detach it they can join us, and all the Mother-worshippers will stop pursuing this to tend to her and her - blessed Gaia - our, children.

      I would attempt this myself, but I am badly wounded."

      Delete
    4. [MOSES]

      [IC] "Cellulosa, you are an injured but prudent plant woman—take the wheel!" croaks the piranha-man. "And Morn-Start, thank you for the shotgun. I go to retrieve our friends... and say goodbye to my children!" Moses slides out of the driver's seat and bumps Cellulosa into it. With the shotgun tucked beneath his flipper, he opens his side door and tries to safely squirm back along the vehicle, checking for a linkage between their cab and the hauler compartment.

      While he holds on tight, Moses listens to his body. Does it feel like he's got one more force bubble welling up inside his fish-glands at this crucial moment? (OoC: Last used force bubble against "The Children" mob in the town square.)

      Delete
    5. [@MOSES]

      The outside of the cab has foot platforms to step on and make your way around the cab and toward the temple structure sitting on the bed of the trailer. Though you can visualize the path you must take, the large vehicle is shaking and you are carrying the shotgun in one flipper, unable to use both fins to grip the handholds.

      Unfortunately, your Force Bubble ability has been spent for the day (it has indeed been a long day full of activity!). The sun is setting off to the West and with it so does your hope of using your ability. But it also holds the promise of the ability returning the next day! ... should you survive ...

      [TECH]
      Roll a 1d20 under your DEX to ensure success of making it to the temple without falling off the truck!

      Delete
    6. [MOSES]

      [TECH] I rolled a 12, and my DEX is 8. Gulp.

      Delete
    7. [@MOSES]

      The metal hulk under your feet lurches in the air as the speeding tires hit a large rock. Then you are separated from the vehicle, hovering in the air. Your fins flailing about. The shotgun flies from your grasp and into space.

      You can make a desperate attempt to grab at the metal-bar hand hold you see before you.

      [TECH]
      Roll a 1d20 under your DEX to see if you grab the hand hold!

      Delete
    8. [MOSES]

      [TECH] I roll a 2, under my 8 DEX. (fuck yeahhhh)

      Delete
    9. [@MOSES]

      Your fish heart pounds in your chest from panic and then to relieve as your fins wrap around the security of the stable metal bar. Your body, once again, tethered to the hulking mass of machinery rumbling across the wasteland.

      Your weapon is lost to the sea of dirt, but you have your life.

      Delete
    10. [CELLULOSA]

      Cellulosa finds herself thrust in the drivers seat. As her secret garden makes contact with the sticky leather seat, she's reminded of the myths of the great truck stop whores. Women whose handjobs kept society's arteries flowing in the world before.

      She hopes those stories will make up for the lack of driving experience as she grabs the wheel and massages the head of the stick shift, trying to keep safe the little men inside their big rig.

      Delete
    11. [@CELLULOSA]

      Your eyes pass over the various nobs, dials, switches, levers, readouts, flickering lights, jumping needles, strobing digital numbers, which all comprise the dashboard of the rig.

      Beyond the windshield you see the river is fast approaching. As it draws closer, you see there is a wide, concrete bridge. It's just to the East of the compound the Thrice Church was busy pillaging, where your new friends are from.

      [TECH]
      Roll a 1d20 against your WIS or INT (your choice). If the result is under either you successfully figure out how to drive the rig.

      Delete
    12. [CELLULOSA]

      The flickering lights, the strobing numbers...it's all too much for Cellulosa. She'd never admit she was overwhelmed, not even to herself, so instead she tells herself that her plant goddess eyes were meant to emit light, not absorb it. She ignores the information the vehicle is trying to impart to her.

      Cellulosa's fingers curled around the wheel and the shift like vines, she puts her petals to the metal and just drives, man.

      [TECH] Rolled a 19, that's not going to be under anything...

      Delete
    13. [@CELLULOSA]

      Wrapped around the instruments meant to pilot the rig, you feel the mighty machine's ungainly weight shifting to the right. In your inexperience as a driver of such a vehicle you jerk the wheel to the right so now the great bulk on wheels weight violently veers to the left. The whole hauler begins a dangerous undulation back and forth as you loose your grip on control of its surging speed and momentum.

      [Let's continue this in the next post!]

      Delete
  20. [Morn-Start]
    [IC] Takes aim bursting two shots at the closest bird man and while hanging out the cab door motions to the mounted machine gunner in the other vehicle to join in and open fire to the sky. "Keep driving there will be no working relationship between us and these sky dwellers of that I'm certain. Those in the vehicles with the church will believe we are still with them. upholding our brand image is brzzzt key to creating a illusion of unity as the shelf life of this situation expires into chaos.zzzzppt beeep

    [Tech] 8 and 9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      The driver and the gun operator either can't hear your electronic-voice overtures of camaraderie or they ignore you. They appear intent on the structure of the temple of The Mother itself, and you who are driving off with it.

      Your shots go wide of the hawkmen. They do not move or attempt to dodge your attacks.

      Delete
  21. [@WHOLE PARTY]

    One of the hawkmen banks and angles his apeman toward the vehicle with the large, mounted machine gun. The apeman aims his weapon and a fire ball emerges from its point before lurching toward the gun operator. But the driver of the vehicle sees the threat and swerves just in time.

    Another hawkman beats his wings furiously so he is alongside the temple of The Mother. The apeman in his talons pivots and sprays fire from his weapon into the doorway where Telem is fighting MICKEY and Fortunata battles TEDDY. TEDDY is struck by the flames.

    [TECH]
    TEDDY takes 3 points of damage from the blast of fire.

    ReplyDelete
  22. {WINTER BLACKFORD]

    [IC] A stern, emotionless expression is set across both of Winter Blackford's faces. Without breaking eye contact with The Twinsies, Winter slowly pushes the razor sharp black glass shard deeper into the birthing gel. With a final flourish, Winters wrist and forearm drive the glass shard straight down and through the nearest embryo.

    A slow growl rumbles from the barrel chest of the man ape. The guttural sound intensifies to become the loudest war cry ever heard by any wasteland dweller.

    MAN HEAD: "THEY. ALL. DIE. NOW!!!"

    MEAT HEAD: "LEAVE. NOW. OR. DIE!!"

    The four eyeballs in both of Winters heads seem to cover with a red liquid glaze, making them look like fishbowls filled with blood. With precise rapid movements, Winter begins stabbing all the embryos within reach. The war cry becomes even louder as he executes all signs of potential life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@WINTER]

      The Twinses cry of terror is in concert with WINTER's own war cry. All six mouths scream in unison to create a note of horror and violence.

      Felix holds the newborn babe in one hand and his staff in the other, which he raises high above his head. The lightning bolts leaping between the head of his staff and the head of his brother, Steven's, staff, increase in frequency. One bolt leaps toward you and strikes each of your faces.

      [TECH]
      You receive 13 points of damage from the lightning strike.

      Delete
    2. [WINTER BLACKFORD]

      [IC] Blinded and cursing to himselfs, Winter falls to floor pushing his body up against the wall of the birthing tub. Winter begins to crawl-shuffle through the pile of bones making his way towards the front of the cab using the birthing tub wall as a guide and, hopefully, protection.

      Delete
    3. [@WINTER]

      The wall does indeed provide some protection. You are behind cover. The Twinses see by dropping down behind the wall you've put yourself between them and a clear line of their fire, a being they hold most dear, The Mother.

      Speaking of The Mother, her gelatinous form has once again been riled by the damage you and your cohort have inflicted upon her. Her body writhes like a wave pool of green slime, babies caught in her wakes.

      Delete
    4. [@WINTER]

      The Twinses are hesitating to attack you as they see their worshiped Mother is in pain. It is your move.

      Delete
    5. [WINTER BLACKFORD]

      [IC] As he crawls forward toward the foot of the birthing tub, Winter reaches his mind out to meta concert with Mickey.

      ****RAT FRIEND CAN YOU HEAR ME?****LET US JOIN MINDS TO CONFUSE TALEM****

      Delete
    6. [@WINTER]

      When you reach out to MICKEY's mind, you feel his fear as Telem drops him out of the doorway and onto the rushing ground outside the Temple.

      Delete
    7. [WINTER BLACKFORD]

      [IC]Feeling the intense fear from his psychic link to friend Mickey, Winter decides to move with force. Wiping the tears from his eyes, Winter makes a headlong ape-man dash towards Talemes exposed back and the open door.

      [OOC] My intention is to shove Talem out of the door before he turns, and quickly find exterior hand/foot holds to climb forward towards Moses's screaming voice.

      Delete
    8. [@WINTER]

      Your feet propel you with escalating speed as you rush toward Telem's exposed and wounded back standing in front of the doorway.

      From out of nowhere an enormous, bear-sized, lizard biped stands up in front of you, its head fins splay out fully. It's blocking your path to Telem!

      It's your move.

      Delete
    9. [WINTER]
      [OOC]I'm gonna try to catch up today. Should I continue from here or in the next chapter?

      Delete
    10. [@WINTER]

      Awesome. Continue in the next chapter.

      Delete
  23. [MOSES]

    [IC] So Moses slipped, fell a bit, then grabbed on. From his new position on the outside of the cab, can Moses see a linkage point between the cab and the Mother trailer? If so, could he unlink it by hand? He has a dagger-sized bone and a small rock hammer in his loincloth he could use as tools (to abandon his children). Of course, he plans to bang on the outside of the trailer first (with an old 501st Stompers code for "rally to me!") before unhooking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MOSES]

      There is indeed several points of linkage between the trailer and the front cab. Some are two large collected batches of wires covered with some kind of rough insulating material. There are three corrugated metal hoses. The main joint is a large ball joint overflowing with slick, black oil.

      Your move.

      Delete
    2. [MOSES]

      [IC] "Morn-Start! I need your help! Blast these metal hoses away!" yells Moses. He leans over and pounds his fist on the wall of the trailer with the 501st Stompers code for "RALLY TO ME!" for Winter, Teddy, and Mickey inside.

      "WINTER! TEDDY! AND ESPECIALLY MICKEY! I NEED YOUR VOID BLADE!" Moses hollers at the top of his gills. "COME TO THE CAB!"

      I hope that my comrades inside exit the rear of the trailer, climb up on the exterior, and move forward towards the cab. (Unless there's a shortcut hatch through the front of the trailer that I missed.)

      Delete
    3. [Mickey]

      [IC] Hearing Moses, Mickey turns and runs away from Telem.

      Delete
    4. [@MOSES]

      There is, to your knowledge, only one way in and out of The Temple of The Mother: the door through which you entered and exited.

      Delete
    5. [@MICKEY]

      You remain in the clutches of Telem, who is carrying you toward the open doorway. You can only imagine his intent is to do you harm. To break free, you must overpower Telem's rippling, scarred, sweaty, muscled arms wrapped around you. His hot breath wheezes in your rat ears.

      [TECH]
      Roll a 1d20 using any STR modifiers. You are rolling against Telemn's STR.

      Delete
    6. [Mickey]

      [Tech] I rolled a 1. I don't have any modifiers.

      Delete
    7. [@MICKEY]

      Your rat arms strain against Telem's bulging arms. His grasp gives slightly, but you aren't able to break free.

      He holds you out the door, over the rushing ground beneath you, and drops you onto the ground!

      [TECH]
      MICKEY takes 21 points of damage colliding with the moving ground. (19 HP remaining)

      Roll a 1d20 under your DEX to see if you succeed in dodging out of the way of the oncoming Church vehicle pursuing your party.

      Delete
    8. [Mickey]

      [OOC] Just saw the right rail, where there are some character stats. Looks like it says "MICKEY HP - 25 (Max 27)". I think I might be dead. :(

      [Tech] Mickey rolls a 6.

      Delete
    9. [@MICKEY]

      You dive and roll out of the way of the charging vehicle pursuing your friends. Badly injured and out in the open you watch the vehicle with your friends rumble off.

      Behind you a battle between the Thrice Church members, the hawkmen, and apemen is in full bloom. A circle of hawkmen ring the battle to contain it. One of them notices you and detaches, flying in your direction.


      [OoC]
      Sorry, that was an accounting error. Your HP, according to your character sheet is 57. I hit "2" instead of "5" for the right rail. So you had "55". I did some recalculations. You are still alive but only have 7 HP left.

      Delete
    10. [Mickey]

      [IC] Bleeding, broken, and seeing no other options or way forward, Mickey begins to wave down the hawkman using his red ring to catch the sun's rays, hoping to hitch a ride back to his friends — or die trying.

      Delete
    11. [MOSES]

      [IC] Trusting that his friends heard his pounding and shouts, Moses begins tearing away one of the bundles of wires that connect to the trailer, using his rock hammer to rip the wires out.

      Delete
    12. [@MICKEY]

      The hawkman, and its apeman, swaying, glide down toward you. Your battered arm is raised up and the red ring glows in the setting sun's light. The hawkman hovers about three meters from you. The hawkman studies you and the apeman appears to be looking at you from behind its helmet visor. The apeman lifts its weapon toward you and fires. A fireball leaps from the weapon, but it hits the ground in front of you, as you leap backward.

      It's your move.

      Delete
    13. [@MOSES]

      The wires rip pretty easily. They shoot sparks and hiss with electric current. You see some red lights on the trailer flicker and die. All that remains to tether the cab to the trailer is the big, greasy metal ball joint.

      It's your move.

      Delete
  24. [Morn-Start]
    [OoC] If possible Mornstart would bust shots and the machine gun cars gas tank if he can. its hard to tell if the flying people and the church just took their turn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      Yeah, that's a bit unclear. From now on I'll write that it's your move for clarity.

      It's totally your move if you want to attack again.

      Delete
  25. [Mickey]

    [Tech] Before I figured out if I'm attacking or not, just wanted to know how many hit points I've got left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MICKEY]

      You have 40 points (of 57) remaining.

      Delete
  26. Morn-Start
    [Tech] 8 and 9
    two shots fired at the gas tank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      The shots disappear into the cloud of dust surrounding the vehicle. You can't tell if they hit or not, but the vehicle keeps charging forward. They're getting closer to the cab of the truck you're in.

      Delete
    2. [@MORN-START]

      There is one other vehicle you can see, a trike, with two militant church members riding on it.

      It's your move.

      Delete
  27. [@WHOLE PARTY]

    I've set up a new post.
    http://cruellightbrutalsteel.blogspot.ca/2016/04/8-escape-from-triangulated-circles-of.html

    You can wrap up your moves from this post in the new comments thread.

    Let me know if I got any accounting wrong.

    IMPORTANT: MICKEY, MOSES, and WINTER, are all leveling up. Consult the PDF of the rules as I will do. We can figure out your new HP, and new Saving Throws, in the next thread. I'll set up a Comment for us to do that in the next post.


    [INVENTORY and STATUS]

    MICKEY - Separated from the group, holding the voidblade, possessing the screwdriver, and the red ring.

    MORN-START - In the forward cab of the truck, with a 9mm handgun.

    MOSES - On the forward cab, attempting to detach the trailer.

    WINTER - On the trailer, in The Temple of The Mother, attempting escape from The Twinses, Telem, and Fortunata.

    MAULMUIRE - In the forward cab.

    TEDDY - On the trailer, in The Temple of the Mother, fighting Fortunata.


    [ACCOUNTING]

    MICKEY is down to 7 HP.
    TEDDY is down to 42 HP.
    WINTER is down to 16 HP.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.